Non-Medical Respite Housing Program
After a hospital or rehab stay, many individuals can benefit from a safe and stable place to stay before returning to living on their own.
Prestige Healthcare Resources’ nonmedical Respite Housing program offers that place – a stepping stone for those leaving the hospital or rehab to live independently.
We provide a safe environment to rest and access mental health and related services as needed. Those services can include help with addiction and other acute behavioral issues. Prestige Healthcare Resources tailors care and services to an individual’s needs, as determined by our trained staff.
Staff is located on-site 24 hours a day for our enrollees.
- Must be a Washington, D.C. resident
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must have a negative TB and COVID-18 test
- Must be at risk of recurrent hospitalizations
- Must have no recent violent history
- Must have a history of recurrent hospitalization / emergency department utilization
Benefits to Community Partners
- Improved care coordination
- Preventing unnecessary re-admission
- Post-acute extended care is supported
- Improved compliance with discharge instructions
Benefits to Enrollees
- Improved self-care
- Widened support base
- Improved health outcomes
- Improved medical adherence
- Access to supportive services
- MedStar Family Choice Insurance
- AmeriHealth/Caritas Insurance